Served in Baker Street’s Seeded Burger Buns, those bhaji burgers features creamy and fresh vegan mint yoghurt, alongside tangy mango chutney
What happens when you combine Indian cuisine with burger night? This epic vegan-friendly Bhaji Burger recipe!
Using ready-made onion bhajis (or you could make your own if you want), topped with tangy mango chutney and a creamy vegan mint yoghurt, these burgers will go down a storm during any family dinner. We’ve served these up on our Baker Street Seeded Burger Buns for an added bit of crunch, and we’d recommend toasting the buns for a few minutes to make sure they’re ready for you to pile your toppings on to.
Serve up this Bhaji Burger up during Veganuary, for any weekday or weekend dinner, or even surprise your loved ones with them for a celebratory occasion or big night in. We promise they won’t be disappointed.
- 2 Baker Street Seeded Burger Buns
- 1 pack of ready to heat onion bhajis
- 3 tbsp vegan alternative to yoghurt
- 3 cm piece cucumber
- Small handful fresh mint leaves
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- Pinch of garam masala (optional)
- Handful baby spinach leaves
- 2-3 tbsp mango chutney
FOR THE CHOPPED SIDE SALAD
- 1 vine tomato, diced
- 3-4 cm piece cucumber, diced
- ¼ red onion, very thinly sliced or chopped
- Few black onion seeds (optional)
- Few fresh mint leaves
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Heat the bhajis according to the pack instructions
- Meanwhile, make the cucumber yoghurt. Grate the cucumber onto a plate then using clean hands, squeeze out the excess water then place on a piece of kitchen paper
- Spoon the vegan yoghurt into a bowl and add the finely chopped mint and grated cucumber then season with salt and pepper. Stir, then add a pinch of garam masala if you like
- Next make the side salad by mixing together the diced tomato, cucumber and onion in a bowl with a good pinch of black onion seeds, a little chopped mint (larger ones chopped; smaller ones left whole for garnish) and a drizzle of olive oil. Set aside
- When the bhajis are nearly ready, lightly toast the insides of the buns according to pack instructions then spread some of the mint yoghurt over the bases.
- Add a few spinach leaves then top with the crispy bhajis.
- Spoon over some mango chutney and pop on the lids.
- Serve with the side salad and any leftover mint yoghurt on the side