Stuck for some fun family Easter activities? We’ve got you covered Bread Heads! Here at Baker Street we’ve come up with some really fun recipes for the entire family to get involved in. We’ve even got some non-chocolatey recipes just in case you’ve eaten too many Easter eggs (although we’re not sure that’s even possible!)
Family Easter Activities: Make an Egg-celent Easter Flan
This Egg-celent Easter Flan is a super simple, and super tasty, showstopping dessert for the whole family to enjoy. Take a look at the full recipe below.
1 Baker Street Large Sponge Flan Case⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
400ml double cream⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
A few drops of vanilla extract⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
100g caster sugar⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
400g dark chocolate⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Mini Eggs to decorate⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1. Bring the cream, vanilla extract and sugar slowly to the boil in a pan.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2. Break the chocolate and butter into pieces and place into a large bowl. Pour over the cream mixture and whisk slowly until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
3. Pour the chocolate mixture into your Baker Street Large Flan Case and leave to cool.
4. Place in the fridge to set for two hours.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
5. Add mini eggs and those weird little yellow chick things to decorate!
Family Easter Activities: Create some Loafly Golden Syrup Pancakes
Start the Bank Holiday weekend off right with these simple pancake alternatives using our Sliced White Bread.
All you need to do is:
1. Flatten some slices of Baker Street’s White Sliced Loaf with a rolling pin, spread with butter and liberally sprinkle with sugar. Then roll your bread slices up.
2. Combine an egg, 2 tbsps milk and a pinch of salt in a bowl and dip your rolled-up bread into the egg mixture.
3. The only thing left to do is to fry these bad boys up in butter. Cook for around 4 mins rotating every minute or so until golden brown all over. Plate up and drizzle with golden syrup. Yum!
Family Easter Activities: Get Creative with Fruit-Topped Toast
Alternatively, if you fancy a slightly healthier breakfast before a weekend filled with chocolate, these fun fruit topped toasts created by @eatwellwithgabs are perfect for you!
Using our Seeded Rye Bread, the first slice is topped with cinnamon date butter, banana, strawberries, blackberries and sunflower seeds, whilst the second slice has been topped with caramel cashew butter, smashed raspberries, banana, blueberries and chia seeds. Bonus toasty points if you make shapes out of your banana!
Family Easter Activities: Turn our Burger Buns into Pizza Faces
These little pizza faces are the perfect family Easter activity. Using our Baker Street Burger Buns add some tomato paste and cheese before using whatever toppings you fancy to create fun little faces. Pop them in the oven and enjoy!
Family Easter Activities: Make up some Easter-themed Sarnies
Make those Easter lunches extra fun with these Easter sarnies. Simply smother a slice of Baker Street Sliced Loaf with your favourite spread, peanut butter, chocolate, jam, whatever you fancy! Take another slice of Baker Street Sliced Loaf, cut an egg shape out of it and place on top of the other slice. Add loads of sprinkles into the egg-shaped hole and there you have a super easy sarnie, Easter style.
If you try out any of these fun family Easter activities be sure to share your creations with us on social, tagging @lovesbakerstreet.