Tasty lamb kofta hot dogs that will have you shouting ‘Opa’!
Go Greek at your next BBQ or big night in dinner with these Lamb Kofta Hot Dogs, served in Baker Street’s Jumbo Hot Dog Rolls. Either make your own koftas or use ready-made versions, pop them into our hot dog rolls and serve with cool cucumber, fresh mint and lots of tzatziki.
4 Baker Street Jumbo Hot Dog Rolls
FOR THE LAMB KOFTAS
- 1 onion, very finely chopped
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 400g lamb mince
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 1-2 tsp harissa paste
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Sliced cucumber
- Fresh mint leaves
- If you’re cooking ready-made lamb koftas, cook as per the cooking instructions on the product pack and skip to step 5. If you are making your own lamb koftas, fry the onion in the oil in a frying pan over a low heat for 5 minutes before adding the crushed garlic and cook for another minute. Remove from the heat.
- Tip the cooked onion and garlic into a bowl and leave to cool slightly.
- Add the lamb mince, cumin, coriander, harissa (or dried harissa spice mix), mint and parsley and season well with salt and pepper.
- Using clean hands, mix well and divide the mixture into eight balls. Then roll each ball out into a sausage shape to make your lamb kofta.
- Grill or fry the koftas over a medium heat for about 8 minutes, or until cooked through, turning frequently
- Warm the Jumbo Hot Dog Rolls in the oven according to the pack instructions.
- Spread a generous spoonful of tzatziki onto the base of each warmed hot dog roll.
- Add some sliced cucumber, followed by two koftas.
- Sprinkle over some fresh mint and serve with the rest of the tzatziki on the side.