Have you all remembered what day it is on Sunday Bread Heads? It’s Mother’s Day! Here at Baker Street we think mums deserve extra spoiling this year, so we’ve put together some Mother’s Day recipe ideas for you to try at home to really show your mums how much you love them.
L’oeuf of Love
Breakfast in bed is an absolute must on Mother’s Day, and nothing says ‘I love you’ quite like a heart-shaped egg on toast! This recipe is super simple, but it is sure to put a smile on mum’s face.
All you have to do is butter both sides of your Baker Street Sliced Loaf and cut a heart-shaped hole in the centre. Place both bits of bread into a pan and toast to perfection on one side. Then, flip the bread over and crack an egg into the heart-shaped hole. Cook until the egg has set, and then serve with the heart-shaped cut out and a big smile on your face. It’s as easy as that!
Afternoon Tea Toast
Seeing as we can’t take our mums out for afternoon tea this year, bring the afternoon tea to her! Using a slice of from one of our Baker Street Sliced Loaves, toast it and smother it with clotted cream and mum’s favourite jam flavour (in whichever order you prefer!). Serve with a nice cuppa or maybe even some bubbly if you’re feeling fancy.
White Chocolate and Raspberry Bread and Butter Pudding
This indulgent pud is as good as it sounds and twice as good as it looks! Big thanks to @fatfoodclub for concocting this fabulous recipe using our Baker Street Jumbo Hot Dog Rolls, it certainly is the perfect Mother’s Day recipe.
Here’s how to make it:
1. Tear up the Baker Street Jumbo Hot Dog Rolls and layer in an oven proof dish.
2. Take a handful of raspberries along with broken up white chocolate and scatter over.
3. Whip up some homemade custard (or use some shop bought) and pour over almost filling the dish to its rim.
4. Sprinkle over a tablespoon of granulated sugar and add a few heaped teaspoons of butter to finish. Add any remaining chunks of white chocolate.
5. Place into a pre-heated oven ( 180°C) for 30-40 minutes. Serve up and drizzle over any remaining warmed custard.
We’re all about the fakeaways at the moment, and these prawn toasts are the perfect snack to go with them. Super easy to whip up, add them to your Mother’s Day meal as an extra treat for mum!
Here’s the full recipe:
• 6 slices of Baker Street White Sliced Loaf
• 400g raw king prawns
• 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
• 80g sesame seeds
• 1 garlic clove, chopped
• 2cm knob of ginger, chopped
• 1 egg white
• 1 tsp soy sauce
• Vegetable or sunflower oil
1. In a blender, add 300g of the raw king prawns, chopped garlic, chopped ginger, egg white and soy sauce and mix together until a smooth paste.
2. Roughly chop the remaining king prawns, add them to the blitzed ingredients along with the thinly sliced spring onions and mix together.
3. Spoon the mixture evenly onto the six slices of Baker Street White Sliced Loaf and spread to edges.
4. Prawn side down, press the slices into a bowl containing sesame seeds and cover them completely.
5. Brush a small amount of vegetable or sunflower oil onto both sides on a sandwich toastie maker, add the prawn-covered bread slices and close the lid.
6. Grill until the prawn mixture is cooked through and toasted – around 3-4 minutes.
7. Alternatively, you can shallow fry the slices in a pan with hot oil for a few minutes on each side.
8. Cut the prawn toast slices into triangles and serve piping hot with a sweet chilli dipping sauce.
If you try out any of these Mother’s Day recipe ideas be sure to share your creations with us on social, tagging @lovesbakerstreet, and show us how much you’ve spoilt your mum!