Here at Team Baker Street we decided to challenge ourselves and take part in National Vegetarian Week and do the Vegetarian Society’s Veggie 123 challenge. For some of us this was a real challenge, but we all had a lot of fun taking part and even discovered a few new recipes!
Here’s how we got on…
National Vegetarian Week: Team Creations
- Avocado egg-in-a-hole: smashed avocado and caramelised onion chutney on Baker Street Seeded Rye Bread with a fried egg baked in the top!
- Meatless Farm Burger: a Meatless Farm Burger, sliced tomato and cheese on a Baker Street Mega Floured Bap with sweet potato fries and salad.
- Cream cheese bagel: cream cheese, sundried tomato paste and roasted Mediterranean veg on a toasted Baker Street Soft Bagel.
- Welsh Rarebit: Welsh rarebit on Baker Street Sliced White Bread.
- Pizza Rolls: tomato, mozzarella and pesto pizza on a Baker Street Classic Hot Dog Rolls
Rebecca, who is also part of our marketing team, had some really tasty meals during National Vegetarian Week. This is what she had…
- Pesto Eggs: fried eggs in pesto topped with mushrooms, onions and tomatoes all on top of a couple of slices of Baker Street Seeded Rye Bread.
- Curried Falafel: fried vegetables and falafel in some curry spices served with mango couscous and a buttery slice of Baker Street Rye & Wheat Bread.
- Aubergine & Feta Burger: a veggie burger topped with cheese and salad inside a Baker Street Burger Bun. Served up with onions rings, chips and wedges.
National Vegetarian Week at Baker Street HQ
As well as going vegetarian for the week, at Baker Street HQ we sampled different vegetarian options throughout National Vegetarian Week. For a lot of us this was the first time we had tried the vegetarian option of certain foods. Check out how we got on…
On Monday we tried Greggs Vegan Sausage Rolls and one of our Oddball combos – Nutella and Brie toastie.
Tuesday was veggie sausage day so we had three different types of vegetarian sausages to try
On Wednesday we made crisp butties using McCoy’s Meat Feast Crisps (which are all actually vegetarian crisps!) as well as Quorn Cocktail Sausages and Quorn Picnic Eggs.
On Thursday we had three different types of ‘chicken nuggets’, from southern fried to Quorn Dinosaurs. We also tried out one of our Oddballl combos – a Banana Hot Dog with a Mars Bar and Nutella.
Friday was National Brioche Day so to celebrate we had lunch for the whole office, using our sister brand St Pierre’s Brioche Burger Buns and Hot Dog Rolls.
We had samples to try of three different types of veggie burgers – Linda McCartney Vegetarian Pulled Pork Burgers, spicy bean burgers and ‘chicken’ burgers. We then had bang bang cauliflower hot dogs and halloumi, avocado and humous burgers.
We all really enjoyed taking part in National Vegetarian Week here at Baker Street HQ, and we definitely discovered a few new recipes we would try again!